The SALOMON Zugspitz Ultratrail powered by LEDLENSER is a single trail run in the Alps. Portions of the courses of the ULTRATRAIL, SUPERTRAIL XL, SUPERTRAIL, BASETRAIL XL and BASETRAIL include high alpine trails passages demanding particular experience and skill of the participants.
It is mandatory to carry the following equipment during the entire competition:
- Closed trail running shoes with a tread that is suitable for running in alpine terrain
- Labeling of a competitor’s food / beverage supplies by the individual’s start number
- Foul-weather gear for protection from the elements (as a minimum water-proof rain coat)
- Warm clothing (long-sleeved shirt and running pants) as insulating layers underneath the rain gear (in case of bad weather conditions which may set in suddenly in high mountain territory); basic rule: it is not allowed to see any skin!
- Gloves and a warm hat
- Functioning headlamp and replacement batteries (does not apply to BASETRAIL XL or BASETRAIL)
- Drinking vessel to get drinks at the food stations
- Water tank containing at least 1,5 liters (BASETRAIL XL and BASETRAIL 1 l)
- Emergency kit (1x sterile dressing 4”x4”, 2x field dressing, 2x sterile gloves, 1x triangular bandage, 4x band-aids 1x emergency whistle, blister pads, rescue blanket)
- GPX watch with complete course data saved to memory, alternatively: the printed course map(s) and elevation profile. Map material will be made available online by the organiser for printing
- Running Back pack
- Mobile phone with Medical Crew Number saved in its address book to be able to make emergency calls (it must be made sure that the phone can make calls from within Austria as well)
Also recommended: sun screen, sports glasses, fatty cream against chafing, additional supply of own food and beverages, blister tapes.